Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Busy Wife Supper: Santa Fe Chicken


I made this on an evening when I was literally running through the door to make supper. It's quick and easy but really tastes great. My slight variation is that I used cooked rice that I had leftover from the night before, and of course I added a lot more cheese over everything. The hubby approved this one!

From: KraftCanada.com
Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Serves: 4

Ingredients:

1-1/2 cups instant white rice, uncooked
1 can (540 mL/19 fl oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
1 medium yellow pepper, chopped
1 can (284 mL/10 fl oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
1 soup can water
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
1/2 cup salsa
2 cups KRAFT Tex Mex Shredded Cheese

Directions:

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Mix rice, beans and peppers in 13x9-inch baking dish; set aside. Combine soup, water and cilantro; pour evenly over rice mixture.

TOP with chicken. Spoon 2 Tbsp. of the salsa over each chicken breast.

BAKE 35 min.; sprinkle with cheese. Continue baking 10 min. or until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment