Tuesday, November 10, 2009

That little voice just kicked my butt!

Weight: 227.5 lbs. (-2.5 lbs.)

What I ate today:
Breakfast - yogurt, mango, banana, oats & almond parfait
Snack - Low fat string cheese & 2 clementines
Lunch - Ham, low fat cheese, mustard & lettuce on tortilla wrap
Snack - 1% cottage cheese cup & 2 organic full size carrots
Supper - fajitas: precooked chicken breast, raw peppers, salsa ,low fat cheese& lettuce on tortilla
Snack - 1 dried apricot + crystal light peach ice tea (yummm!)

Workout: 30 minutes of improv aerobics with weights & 5 minutes of speed walking on treadmill

Foodwise the day was good, no slipups. Knew I had to workout tonight, but wasn't sure what I was in the mood for. Wasn't so into the tread, and did a workout video last night. I wanted something fun - so I did what I used to LOVE to do back when I lost my initial 30lbs: Improv Aerobics! You're probably sitting there with a confused look on your face..well let me explain. I used to go dancing at after hours clubs and loved it and well when I started working out back when I lost that weight I would randomly invent aerobic moves and mix in some of my dance moves from when I was clubbing. It was pretty much the same music I'd dance to in the clubs, which I loved so it made working out a lot of fun.

So it's basically the standard step aerobic moves, and throw in dance moves, and some kicks and punches. I even go nuts and do punches with 3-5lb. dumbells..that really gets the muscles pumping let me tell you! I highly recommend it. Just make sure you do a good warm up and as soon as you get fatigued doing one movement switch to another to work another group of muscles and come back to the original one when you feel you can. The key for me is having music playing that I can't sit still to. Here are some of my alltime favorite cardio songs:



Fight Club - Spread Love (Benny Benassi remix)
Andrea Doria - Bucci Bag
Felix Da Housecat - Silver Screen Shower Scene
Da Hool - Meet Her At The Love Parade
Pussycat Dolls - When I Grow Up
Britney Spears - Womanizer

So about that little voice. That crazy little voice that used to betray me and tell me to go get another of whatever I was eating. Or remind me there was chocolate in the office kitchen..well this nutty little voice decided to challenge me to hit the treadmill after I had worked my ass off during the improv aerobics. I was sweating so much it was dripping in my eyes..you get the picture. But alas that little voice wanted more, she challenged me to put the music back on and see how long I could last on the treadmill. Needless to say it wasn't very long because I tried to speed walk to house music...fast house music. I burnt myself out after 5 minutes. But I just couldn't get over how the very thing that used to be my demise was now challenging me to suceed. Weird, but I am not one to look a gift voice in the mouth, heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment